Grilled Cheesesteak Pizza
1 tablespoon olive oil1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, or use roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced1/2 onion, sliced1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz, drained, reserve 2 tablespoons of tomatoes for garnish1/2 teaspoon dried oregano2 ounces Laura's Lean Beef Sirloin Steak, cooked and thinly sliced1 (10 ounce) package pizza dough, your favorite recipe or store bought2 tablespoon Red Gold® Tomato Paste 6 oz2 ounces shredded Provolone cheese2 ounces shredded low fat cheddar cheese1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook red bell pepper, onions and tomatoes together until onions are soft. Sprinkle with oregano and set aside.
- Grill or cook steak to a medium temperature. When finished cooking, slice the steak into thin pieces.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll each half out into a circle, getting it as thin as possible. Heat grill to high. Make sure grill rack is clean and gently lay each crust onto the grill rack. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on grill temperature. Use tongs to flip and cook each side of each crust.If bubbles appear, just prick the dough bubble and keep cooking.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of paste on each crust. Divide and top each pizza with the tomato mixture, beef and cheese. Carefully return pizza to grill, lower heat and close grill lid. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Keep close watch on pizzas, moving them away from the hot spot on your grill if crust is getting to toasty. If you like a little bit of char on the bottom of the pizza - this is what gives it some authentic flavor.
- Sprinkle with remaining tomatoes, that were set aside, along with the fresh parsley. Serve Immediately.