Salt and black pepper to taste2 tablespoons flour1/2 pound cubed beef stew meat1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes1 cup chopped cabbage
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Combine salt, black pepper and flour in a plastic bag or large shallow bowl. Add beef, seal and shake to coat meat.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown on all sides. Move meat to a slow cooker and add tomato juice and beef broth; stir to combine. Stir in diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, potatoes and cabbage.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH until mixture boils. Then reduce heat to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Stove top Directions:
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add seasoned and floured beef to the hot pot and brown on all sides. Pour in tomato juice and beef broth; stir to combine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, potatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and meat is fully cooked.