1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil1/2 pound ground chorizo1/2 large onion, chopped4 cups tortilla chips1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese5 eggs1/4 cup milkSalt and black pepper to taste1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies1/3 cup bell pepper, chopped
Toppings1/4 can green onion, sliced2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chopped1 avocado, pitted and dicedsour creamsalsa
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion; cook until cooked through. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to Low Broil. Place about 2 cups of chips in a cast iron skillet or on a baking sheet. Sprinkle chips with 1/2 cup of black beans and 1/2 cup of cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Heat the same skillet that you cooked the chorizo in over medium heat and add egg mixture. Let eggs sit undisturbed until they begin to set around the edges, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the eggs until they are soft and just set. Add chorizo mixture and stir to combine and finish cooking eggs. Remove pan from the heat.
- Put skillet or cookie sheet with chips under the broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove and sprinkle with half of the egg and chorizo mix, then top with an additional layer of chips. Top with remaining egg and chorizo mix, tomatoes, bell pepper and remaining cheese. Place back under broiler for another 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onion, cilantro and avocado. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy immediately!